We all read the articles regarding structural changes in the aftermarket service industry, the State of the Automotive Service Industry in 2021 which is taking hits from all sides:
- The traditional marketing strategy shops use is fixated on new customers.
- Dealerships are taking our best customers.
- Drivability issues are getting more complex and harder to diagnose.
- Repair needs on new vehicles are down 75 percent, compared to the industry average just 20 years ago.
Even so, automotive shops that offer stellar customer service could differentiate themselves from the competition, and get a leg up. One way to do so is by better managing recurring services and setting appointment reminders.
Certainly, the need for customer service is great, because competition is stiff. There is a huge need:
- Vehicles are lasting longer.
- The average car on the road is 11.5 years old.
- Drivers don’t need to think about getting a new vehicle until it approaches 200,000 miles.
- AAA studies compute that depreciation from replacing a vehicle too early costs 2.5 times more than all the insurance payments made during the life of a vehicle.
- Holding on to your later model vehicle makes excellent financial sense.
Customers need to maintain their vehicles and they look to you to advise them.
And most customers want to keep their cars in good, safe condition.
But the systems we have to facilitate this process—CRMs—aren’t doing their job. Why? Because CRMs do not use any of your service historical records at all to make service recommendations. Ask your CRM provider if a particular vehicle needs a tire rotation. Most CRMs don’t do that kind of detailed recommendation.
With eAutoClub’s dynamic CRM, you get a service that, at drop off, provides both the service writer and vehicle owner with ultra-accurate service alerts, based on the shop’s service records, time elapsed and miles driven. Contact us and we will show you the difference.
SI Auto Pro “Auto Care Made Easy”, previously licensed and distributed under the Mitchell1™ and Snap-On™ brands, is designed for automotive service and tire dealers using Mitchell1 Manager™/Shop Key™, R.O. Writer™, AllData™, MaxxTraxx™, Costar™, Lankar™, PACE Yes™, NapaTracs™, and other shop management computer systems. blog.AutoSI Auto Pro.com | Testimonials since 1999